Please note – under the terms of Lord Wharton’s bequest Bibles can only be donated to children & young people in England, Wales & Scotland.
Completed forms should be returned via email to email@example.com,
or posted to:
Lord Wharton Charity Trustees
7 Pinfold Garth
For further details,
please contact us on 01653 692173
Instructions to Applicants – it is important read and adhere to this information.
Lord Wharton’s expressed intention in presenting children and young people (maximum age 18) with an individual Bible was to encourage their personal study and understanding of Scripture. Accordingly, the Trust is not permitted to supply Bibles for general use in churches or schools.
- Applicants should be from clergy or other recognised church officers. Applications can be considered from Head teachers.
- Distributions are made throughout the year *see below. Please send your application to the Clerk by email or post. Only one application per year will be considered and repeat annual applications cannot be guaranteed.
- Applications are acknowledged by email.
- The MAXIMUM number of Bibles which can be applied for is normally EITHER:
20 for distribution in church
OR 35 for distribution in school
- Generally the age range for recipients is 10 – 18 years.
These must be for known individual recipients. Where schools have 2 or 3 form entry the Trust is willing to consider partnership funding with local churches or other bodies. Please contact the clerk to discuss your needs.
Because distribution is limited by the annual income of the Trust, it will not always be possible to award the maximum number of Bibles. * As we expect large numbers of school applications these will be dealt on 1st May 2020, and monthly thereafter to ensure fairness to new and recurring applicants.
Generally, the Bibles will be a hardcover version which will last into adulthood: GNB, NIV, NRSV or a Youth Bible will be preferred but applicants can, with appropriate justification, request an alternative version.
Bookplates saying the Bibles are a gift from the Lord Wharton Charity will be sent for completion with names and the date by the local church or school. Applicants may be asked for a list of names to show that the Bibles are being distributed correctly.